According the programme of Hemus 2018 Demonstrative Firingswill be organizedat “Zmejovo” Central Artillery Technical Test Ground. The firings are organized by the Defence Institute. Bulgarian and foreign exhibitorshave theopportunity to demonstrate in reality how their products work.
The Firings are visited from officials from the MoD of Bulgaria, as well as official delegations. The companies, participating in the Firings also have the opportunity to invite their guests.
Registration for participation can be done with Form 2A:Form 2A Hemus 2018
For more information about the organization of the Demonstrative Firings, You can contact:
Defence Institute „Prof. Tsvetan Lazarov“
Colonel,Ass. Prof.Borislav Genov- 00359 2 9221850, 00359 882 110007, email@example.com
About the Central Artillery Technical Testing Ground
It is a structure directly subordinate to the Minister of Defense. The methodological guidance on the testing activities referring to weapons and ammunition is accomplished by the Defense Institute. The firing ground is the only one on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria with capabilities to verify combat efficiency and ensure safe operation of weapons and ammunition in the Bulgarian Armed Forces, the newly developed ones and the special products of the national defense industry.
Central Artillery Technical Testing Ground was established by decree of the Council of Ministers in 1970. Its area enables the inspection for the combat effectiveness of weapons and ammunition within the limits of the shooting range, and ranges as follows:
• Length of the shooting directrix: 28 km;
• width: at the initial sector - 2.5 km;
• at the final sector - 3.5 km;
• total area: 95.632 sq km;
• constructed buildings and facilities - 138;
• specialized test stations - 7;
• fence - 112 km;
• roads - 124 km.
The Central Artillery Technical Testing Ground is in charge of the following:
• Performs laboratory testing of gunpowder and explosives (including physical and chemical analysis); of fuses, igniters, and other elements of the rounds to determine a change in their performance on the expire of warranty period, as well as terms of service to determine the possibility of extending the operation thereof;
• Performs Control Field Test of small arms, artillery, antiaircraft, antitank, aviation, marine and engineering munitions and missile complexes for close support, in-service ones or adopted in the the Armed Forces of the Republic of Bulgaria;
• Develops reports on the quality and suitability of newly developed and manufactured weapons and munitions, capabilities for their military use and storage, and makes proposals for their further implementation;
• Participates in exhibitions of weapons and combat equipment, and organizes demonstration shootings.